Ten Tips for Clear and Direct Legal Writing
This seminar features 10 tips to make your legal writing, regardless of context or audience, clear and concise. Ben uses both good and not-so-good examples from inside and outside the legal world in this interactive seminar.
This is the signature Persuasive Matters program. You’ll apply what you learn here to any type of writing.
- Be Attractive: Document Design
- Be a Good Host: The Importance of Context
- Be Calm: Understatement and Simplicity
- Be Brief: Concision
- Be Strong: Powerful Nouns and Verbs
- Be Emphatic: Avoiding Cheap Keystrokes
- Be Stylish: Sentence Variety
- Be Orderly: Logical Organization
- Be Musical: Writing that Sounds Good
- Be Careful: Revision and Proofreading Techniques